Friday, September 28, 2012

DIY Tag Techniques

Blogging Business Artisans' September topic: New Techniques or Media.


Brought to you my Nancy from:


For some time now on the top of my 'to-do' list has been a desperate need to:
 Design a new tag technique to tag my plushies that will save precious time. 

I adore my original tags that I make...and so do my customers. 
However, soooo time consuming. 
{I'm talking hours to make 20}
My new technique has enabled me to make 100 tags in 10 minutes max!!!!!
This is a no-brainer.

The original tag pieces are all hand cut and tacky glued by myself into a half inch square. 
The new tags are made by stamping my logo, from a custom stamp, with opaque paint onto
a half inch square piece of bias tape. {twill works too}

I will continue to make my original tags in the future for my more expensive plushies, but for the smaller items such as party favors and ornaments made in larger quantities and sold at wholesale prices
I will begin stitching in my new tags.

Boy are you in for a special treat... 
because this post is full of DIY tagging secrets...




Original tags




Supplies:
Bias Tape
Opaque Paint
Custom Stamp
 Stamp Pad Foam






 


















Sewn in with love,
I will reveal a plushie early October 
featuring my newest tag!!
Stay tuned....

Wishing you lots of creativity in the spooky month of October.





7 comments:

  1. What a huge time saver! Great idea! The new tags look great and I look forward to seeing one on a plushie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only use stamp pads before and you're limited to color. Haven't thought about using paint... Hmmmm! What a great idea! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tags, love the red on the gray. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great, simple tag solution! They will be perfect for your products. Thanks for sharing this DIY with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to make a tag!You can make a lot quickly and they still look very handmade. Perfect for your items! Thanks for the tutorial!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've got my thinking gears in motion! I can see where your original tags would be much more time consuming -- especially having to use tweezers as I'm sure you did! The new ones are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love your original tags, but...Your new ones are great, too! Saving time is important.
    I screen print my tags onto muslin in black, then color in a red detail. not terribly time consuming.
    I do like your technique, though...

    ReplyDelete